First, let’s get the game predictions out of the way and posted, and then we’ll go get the SBAC and Relegation League final standings and post-season up after that. (It’s already early Friday morning, so telling you we picked Miami-Ohio over Ball State isn’t very impressive after the fact!)
Here we go:
- Nebraska at IOWA (-8). We see it at -15.
- HOUSTON (+8) at Memphis. We have the spread at two points.
- Virginia at VIRGINIA TECH (+4). We think this will be an even game.
- North Carolina State (-5.5) at North Carolina. The TarHeels are done for the year, I’ll wager. This could be ugly before UNC fires Fedora.
- Pitt (+4) at Miami-FL. Pitt’s on the way up, and the Hurricanes are on the way down.
- Notre Dame (-10.5) at USC. See North Carolina. USC”s last game “for” Clay Helton.
- Oklahoma State (+1) at TCU. Who in their right mind thinks the Horned Frogs can beat any of the top teams in the Big Twelve? Cowboys big.
- BYU at Utah (-13.5). The Utes are moving towards a Pac-12 title tilt; the Cougars are playing out the string. Even the rivalry won’t make enough of a difference.
- Arizona State (-2.5) at Arizona. We see Herman’s Hermits by six.
- Florida (-5) at Florida State. Higher, higher…
- LSU (+2) at Texas A&M. Weird. We have the Tigers by three…
- Arkansas at Missouri (-21). Higher…higher…higher…
- Nevada at UNLV (+14). Hard to believe that this rivalry game will be a two-touchdown affair. We think it’ll be within single digits.
Here are our FCS playoff predictions –
- Montana State over Incarnate Word by ten.
- James Madison over Delaware by 18, and WHY do the Dukes have to play in the first round?
- Wofford over Elon by four. THIS is my game of the round!
- Stony Brook over SE Missouri State by eight.
- Towson over Duquesne (this year’s outmatched NEC team) by 18.
- Northern Iowa over Lamar by 26. (Where are the rest of the Missouri Valley teams in the tourney? You should have six of THEM, not six CAA teams!)
- Jacksonville State over E Tennessee State by 22. (And if JSU hadn’t lost in that FIFTH overtime to Kennessaw State, they’d have gotten a bye!)
- Finally, Nicholls State by 21 over San Diego. USD has pulled the upset two straight years, but they’re not that great this year.
We went 10-5 on our major prognostications last week; the teams that “failed us” were BC, VaTech (uh-oh), Air Force, Fresno State, and Tulane.