Welcome to ACT II MINISTRIES!
Founded in 2013 by Gordon and Melissa Smith, ACT TWO MINISTRIES is a "pre-denominational" organization, based on the principles laid out in the Book of The Acts of the Apostles, chapter 2, verses 42 through 47:
"And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles. And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved."
The eight critical principles laid out there are what WE believe to be the essential qualities of any Christian worship.
1) Devote ourselves to the teaching of the apostles. (And all of Scripture, of course.)
2) (Devote ourselves) to the breaking of bread. (Sharing meals together, not just the communion.)
3) ...and the prayers.(Christ tells us to pray in secret, not for show.)
4) Many wonders and signs are done. (We have a BIG GOD, Who can do AMAZING miracles.)
5) Sharing possessions as any have need. (The moment called for a complete pooling of resources; later passages note that simple charity to support those in need suffices.)
6) Attending the temple (church) together. (We NEED our fellow believers, if for no other reasons than these two: believers who need OUR presence and knowledge, and our need for THEIR knowledge and love to keep us and our beliefs in line with Scripture.)
7) Having glad and generous hearts. (our words are insufficient; our true beliefs are what's important. "We want non-believers to ask us what the cause of the joy within us is.")
8) Praising God. Our purpose on Earth is to glorify God in everything we do. EVERYTHING.
These eight principles are what guide our actions and our beliefs. ACT TWO MINISTRIES was organized as an umbrella for our teaching, our writing, and our outreach to the community in the name of the Lord. Melissa Smith went to the Lord in December of 2014, but Gordon continues to share God's Word from his home in Jerome, which is near Twin Falls in southern Idaho, as well as through his writing and through his work on the internet.
The title "Act 2" has a double meaning, however.
Not only does it reference the book of Acts, chapter 2, but it also represents the "second act" in our lives - the second birth of every person who is saved by the Spirit. All Christians are playing roles in "Act 2" of the grand play of the Lord's, and if we're playing them well, we're seeking out new people desperately hoping for an intermission and a new direction in the second act of their lives.
This website is an opportunity to expose a wide range of people to not only God's Word in an obvious way through our theological writing, but also share a wide range of interests (not just football!) and encourage conversation. Please feel free to comment and share your thoughts.
Join the community. No experience necessary. No fees required. Just keep it clean and polite, please.
May God Bless you, and may God Bless this endeavor.
The Founding of Act II Ministries
In 2013, Gordon and Melissa Smith were led by the Lord to work together to spread the Gospel to a lost world through a new creation which they based on the principles set forth in Acts 2:42-47 and called Act II Ministries. We created a stage presentation with original songs; we taught Bible study classes together to a range of families; we hosted prayer sessions; and we began the original version of this blog site together before Melissa's sudden death in December of 2014.
It took awhile for Gordon to resume Act II Ministries, and when he did, his own failing health guided him into concentrating on his writing. Since the rebirth of the original blog site (through Blogspot) in October of 2016, he has posted over 380 times before transferring to this platform in February of 2018, where Act II can present not only the blog but Gordon's Christian novels and non-fiction writing in an easily- accessible form.
Gordon P Smith
Act II Ministries
(Pictured with my oldest son)
Co-founder, Act II Ministries
(went to Heaven December 2014)
Act II Ministries
Our CEO is Jesus Christ.
This is should be a prospective customer's number one call to action, e.g., requesting a quote or perusing your product catalog.